Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thing 8: RSS

What do you like about RSS and readers? I like how I already had a Gmail account set up for my poersonal email, so now I will be able to get updates from my favorite sites without have to go to them. I do not like how on my blog I am only able to display one bloggers new feed at a time. I wish that I could post all the feeds I am following on my blog.

How do you think you might be able to use this technology in your school or personal life? Being able to know how to work and navigate around a blog is a shoe in. Most people understand what they are and the concept of them, but some people get scared of the creating part or think it is too time consuming. As an educator I will educated others on the easy process in creating a blog. Great for parents to understandi what is happening in the school and in your classroom. we know that somethings not all paper work makes it home.

How can libraries/teachers/administrators use readers or take advantage of this new technology? The RSS feed coming to them instead of you going out to find it makes life easier! That is one fewer step that you have to do.

1 comment:

  1. Many teachers are using blogs to communicate with their techno-savvy parents. It is one more way to give parents who can not physically be at school a tie-in to their child's learning. It is a worthwhile endeavor!

    ReplyDelete